一、竞赛概况 Contest Overview
1.1 竞赛背景 Background
The establishment of Xiong’an New Area in Hebei Province, another new area of national significance following Shenzhen Special Economic Zone and Shanghai Pudong New Area, is a major decision and arrangement made by the CPC Central Committee with Xi Jinping as its core to push forward the coordinated development of Beijing, Tianjin and Hebei, is a major historical strategic choice, is a strategy that will have lasting importance for the millennium to come, and is a significant national event. In order to carry on the spirit of series of important speeches made by the General Secretary for planning and construction of Xiong’an New Area, in accordance with work arrangement of provincial CPC committee and provincial government, on the basis of global perspective, international standards and Chinese characteristics, in light of the requirements to construct Xiong’an New Area with high orientation, high starting point and high standards, and for the purpose of constructing the centralized receiving area for non-capital functions decentralized from Beijing, creating the “Xiong’an Quality”, making Xiong’an New Area the national model of high-quality development, shaping the style and appearance of city in new ear, presenting the Chinese characteristics and forging the model of urban construction, the “Contest Assignment for Architecture Design with Chinese Characteristics for Xiong’an Against the Background of High-Quality Development” (hereinafter referred to as “Contest”) is hereby organized and held.
1.2 竞赛目的 Purpose
In accordance with the relevant deployments in the Plan Guideline for Xiong’an New Area in Hebei and the Overall Planning for Xiong’an New Area in Hebei (2018-2035), in light of the requirements for combining the Chinese and western styles, focusing on the Chinese style and blending the ancient and modern elements, and on the basis of the principle of opening to outside world and gathering wisdom and strength, this Contest is organized and held, so as to extensively solicit the excellent architecture designs from architecture design institutions at home and abroad and from the public. The Contest aims to actively impart and inherit the cultural genes in Chinese buildings, absorb the excellent architecture design ideas and methods throughout the world, reflect the open, inclusive, innovative and future-oriented philosophy, generate the elegant and graceful buildings which reflect not only the characteristics of Chinese architecture but also the foreign architectural essence, have not only classical charm but also modern flavor and are assimilated into nature, form the model of architecture design which has the Chinese characteristics, further advance the construction of Xiong’an New Area, and make it a high-level socialist modern city and a national model of high-quality development.
1.3 规划概况 Planning Overview
本次竞赛地块位于雄安新区启动区内。启动区位于雄安新区起步区范围内，规划面积 20—30 平方公里，重点承接北京非首都功能疏解，突出创新特色，提供优质公共服务，集聚一批互联网、大数据、人工智能、前沿信息技术、生物技术、现代金融、总部经济等创新型、示范性重点项目，发挥引领带动作用；加强生态环境建设，打造韧性安全的城市基础设施，精心塑造城市特色，形成宜居宜业现代化城市风貌。
Blocks covered by the Contest is located in the startup zone of Xiong’an New Area. Within the scope of starting zone of Xiong’an New Area and with the planned area of 20-30km2, the startup zone will mainly receive the non-capital functions decentralized from Beijing, highlight the innovation characteristics, provide the high-quality public services, gather a batch of innovative and demonstrative key projects in the fields of Internet, big data, artificial intelligence, frontier information technology, biotechnology, modern finance and headquarter economy, play the leading role, strengthen the eco-environmental construction, forge the resilient and safe urban infrastructures, carefully shape the urban characteristics, and form a modern city which is favorable for both living and working.
With respect to the urban design for startup zone, the location conditions shall be fully utilized, and the spatial layout shall be planned and designed on the basis of lake landscape, so as to form the pattern that the urban area and lake face each other. The space in the axial belt shall be properly designed, so as to achieve the organic integration of core function and landscape environment in the startup zone. The ecological wetland network shall be set up outside the group, and the inter-connected landscape water bodies shall be set up inside the group, so as to form the landscape where the inside is connected with outside and the urban area and water body depend on each other. Attention shall be paid to the cultural connotation and landscape effect of landscaping, and the urban parks and recreational green space shall be set up, so as to achieve a garden-like city. The cityscape which embodies Chinese style, lake scenes and innovation trend shall be shaped. The spatial layout shall be ordered, flexible and natural, and be able to reflect the Chinese style; the environment, landscape and urban scene shall echo with each other, the blue shall mingle with green, and the lake scene shall be highlighted; the architecture design shall combine the Chinese and western styles, blend the ancient and modern elements, be diverse and inclusive, and show the innovation trend.
二、设计原则 Design Principles
In the course of this Contest, the following basic principles shall be followed and emphasized:
1. 雄安新区建筑设计应遵循世界眼光、国际标准 、中国 特色、高点定位的总体要求，打 造“中西合璧 、以中为主、古今交融”的建筑风貌。传承中华建筑文化基因，吸收世界优秀建筑设计理念和手法，坚持开放、包容、创新、面向未来，形成独具特色的建筑风格，塑造出既体现我国建筑特色又吸收国外建筑精华，既有古典神韵又具现代气息，融于自然、端正大气的优秀建筑。
1. The architecture design for Xiong’an New Area shall comply with the overall requirements of a global perspective, international standards and Chinese characteristics, so as to forge the building style which shall “combine the Chinese and western styles, focus on the Chinese style and blend the ancient and modern elements”. It shall impart and inherit the cultural genes in Chinese buildings, absorb the excellent architecture design ideas and methods throughout the world, reflect the open, inclusive, innovative and future-oriented philosophy, form the building style with unique characteristics, and generate the elegant and graceful buildings which reflect not only the characteristics of Chinese architecture but also the foreign architectural essence, have not only classical charm but also modern flavor and are assimilated into nature.
2. The architecture design for Xiong’an New Area shall serve the creation of cityscape which embodies Chinese style, lake scenes, and innovation trend. The overall vision to build a city that possesses the Chinese background and diversified cultural elements, shows the characteristics of Xiong’an and the beauty of lakes, and highlights the bright points and innovation trend of the new ear, shall be achieved. The values, aesthetic view and creative view in Chinese architectural culture shall be followed, so as to form the Chinese background which is generally coordinated, integrated into nature, elegant, graceful and vivid. By virtue of the local history, culture and natural environment of Xiong’an, the building space and features based on Chinese culture and regional environment shall be generated. The new ideas and new methods shall be actively absorbed, and the organic integration of function, art, culture and skill shall be reflected, so as to form the innovative style which is diversified, inclusive and future-oriented and carries forward the culture.
3. The architecture design for Xiong’an New Area shall carry forward the excellent traditional culture of China, continue the historical context, and preserve the genes of Chinese culture. The excellent cultural genes traditional buildings such as overall harmony, moderate adaptation and people-orientation shall be inherited and developed. Protection and development do not mean the simple simulation but refers to tapping the spirit and modern value of Chinese architectural culture, and attaching importance to heritage and development of cultural genes in Chinese traditional buildings.
4. The architecture design for Xiong’an New Area shall fully reflect the characteristics of innovation and features of times, absorb the excellent architecture design ideas and methods throughout the world, and show the characteristics for the new ear which are diversified, inclusive and future-oriented and carry forward the culture. The architecture design for Xiong’an New Area shall fully reflect the characteristics of innovation and features of times, absorb the excellent architecture design ideas and methods throughout the world, and show the characteristics for the new ear which are diversified, inclusive and future-oriented and carry forward the culture.
5. The architecture design for Xiong’an New Area shall ensure the integration of buildings and environment, and remain anchored in the local environment, so as to constitute the green and livable homeland where the human and nature harmoniously coexist. In addition, the local features shall be tapped actively, and the local cultural characteristics shall be embodied. The architecture design shall conform to nature, follow the terrain, clearly show the beauty of nature, suit the blue and green environment, and emphasize the harmonious integration of urban area, water, forest, farmland and lake. The local characteristics shall be reflected, the environment, landscape and ecology shall be protected, and the unique scene of Xiong’an New Area as a region interlaced with rivers and lakes in North China shall be shown.
6. The architecture design for Xiong’an New Area shall be people-oriented, and stick to the overall principle “applicable, economic, green and beautiful”. The buildings shall be designed reasonably, various factors shall be considered, and the national codes shall be basically complied with; the planning conditions shall be fully satisfied, the buildings shall be reasonably and efficiently arranged, the functions shall be appropriately allocated, the traffic flow shall be reasonable and clear, and the space shall be pleasant and comfortable; the integration of building and new technologies (green, energy-saving and intelligent) shall be emphasized, and the green, ecologically-friendly, low-carbon, energy-saving, high-efficiency and intelligent characteristics of buildings shall be reflected.
三、设计范围与深度 Design Scope and Depth
3.1 设计范围 Design Scope
For the Contest, 6 categories are determined on the basis of the 6 types of building functions in Xiong’an New Area: residential & community, comprehensive office, commercial service, university & scientific research, urban public management & service, and municipal auxiliary.
(1) Professional Group: Every design team shall, from the following designated combinations, select at least one combination of two categories among all six ones, and for each category, make the design for at least one selected site. On this basis, every design team may additionally select any number of any other categories as well as the corresponding site(s) for carrying out the additional design(s).
The designated combinations are as follows:
① 综合办公类 + 商业服务类
① Comprehensive office + commercial service
② 居住及社区配套类 + 城市公共管理与服务类
② Residential & community + urban public management & service
③ 高等院校与科研类 + 市政配套类
③ University & scientific research + municipal auxiliary
(2) Public Group: Select at least one category from six categories, and carry out the design for at least one site designated for such category.
3.2 设计深度 Design Depth
（1）Every selected site is composed of one or several blocks, the design for all blocks shall reach the depth required for urban design, and the basic architectural style and features shall be expressed in a relatively complete manner.
（2）At least a block or a zone of the same size shall be selected in every site, wherein the design depth of plan shall be reached; the zone selected shall enable the reflection of main characteristics of the design, and enable the implementation of deepening design and detailed drawings (embodiment of major building renderings, plans, elevations and etc.).
四、设计要求 Design Requirements
The design for the Contest shall be carried out centering around the following six key contents:
1. Study on Overall Design Idea of Architecture Plan with Chinese Characteristics
The overall idea and design concept of the architecture design with Chinese characteristics against the background of high-quality development shall be emphasized and reflected, the characteristics of various buildings shall be summarized and considered, so as to bring forth the overall design idea and guiding principle for the design of the corresponding type of building.
2. Creation of Building Style with Chinese Characteristics
The creation of building style is the major content of design for the Contest. The design shall fully tap the cultural genes of Chinese buildings, and create the overall image which is steady, balanced, simple and elegant. The design shall reflect such an image in the aspects such as overall layout, interface, location, volume, appearance, facade, color, material and roof. The relevant requirements of the Guide for Building Styles in Xiong’an New Area shall be basically complied with
3. Overall Building Arrangement
The building arrangement shall suit the location and surrounding environment of the site, fully consider the planning background of the startup zone, meet the relevant requirements of the control chart, properly coordinate the relationship between buildings and surroundings, and constitute the coordinated spatial order. The general plan layout shall ensure that the functional zones are clearly defined, the arrangement is reasonable, different parts are conveniently connected but are not mutually disturbed, and the factors such as fire prevention, traffic and underground space are fully considered.
The building arrangement shall generate the appropriate feeling of neighborhood space, and the building dense shall vary in different places, so as to achieve changes in space rhythm and make them more interesting. Every designer is encouraged to organize the buildings in order, and adopt the un-enclosed block layout. The places shall be arranged reasonably according to local conditions, so as to forge the high-quality public space, and achieve the good interaction between indoor and outdoor spaces. The relationship between building and surrounding landscape/space shall be fully considered, and the unique landscape elements shall be highlighted, so as to create the landscape environment with vivid characteristics.
4. Internal Function and Streamline Organization
For the Contest, no rigid requirement is given for detailed building functions. Provided that the planning conditions are satisfied, the building functions shall be targeted at the decentralization of non-capital functions of Beijing, the planned characteristics and functional orientation of startup zone shall be fully considered, and the contents such as building scale, function composition, organizational mode and area ratio shall be defined and formulated by reference to excellent international and domestic cases and in accordance with the relevant national and local codes. The design plan for building functions which are highly efficient, flexible, changeable, vital, comfortable and humanized shall be prepared, the functional spaces shall be arranged reasonably on this basis, the relationship among main functional area, auxiliary functional area and logistics & administrative management area shall be defined, and the requirements on streamline of functional building shall be satisfied.
5. Three-Dimentional City and Underground Space
The underground space shall be reasonably planned and designed in accordance with the planning & control requirements and the functional nature of buildings. The space organization mode shall be innovated, so as to forge the humanized green ecological urban area which is “cool in summer and warm in winter”. The comprehensive utilization of underground space shall be considered, and the aboveground and underground spaces shall be planned and developed in a centralized manner, so as to achieve the layer-by-layer utilization, inter-connection and safe operation.
6. Building Technologies
The architecture design shall fully consider design ideas such as greening, environmental protection and smartness. In the design, the concepts and technical measures such as green building, green construction and prefabricated construction may be proposed.
五、设计依据 Design Basis
1. Secure a Decisive Victory in Building a Moderately Prosperous Society in all Respects and Strive for Great Success of Socialism with Chinese Characteristics: Report at the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China
2. Official Reply of the CPC Central Committee and the State Council on the Plan Guideline for Xiong’an New Area in Hebei
3. Official Reply of the State Council on the Overall Planning for Xiong’an New Area in Hebei (2018-2035)
4. Plan Guideline for Xiong’an New Area in Hebei
5. Design Code of Civil Buildings
6. Design Code on Building Fire Protection and Prevention
7. Relevant national laws and regulations as well as other relevant planning and documents.
Building Types, Sites and Conditions(The following information is at the end of the article[file download])
七、成果要求 Requirements on Deliverables
The preparation of design documents shall follow the relevant national and local laws, regulations, policies and orders relating to planning and building design in China, shall comply with the current national building standards, design codes and drawing standards, shall meet the requirements of this Design Assignment, and shall also meet the current national requirements relating to depth of architecture design.
In light of the enrollment of every group, the following requirements on deliverables are given for professional team and public group respectively:
1. Requirements for Deliverables of Professional Group
1.1. Requirements for Deliverables by Stages
（1）初评成果：以.ppt 或.pdf 格式电子文件形式发送两张A0 横版展板电子版, 精度300dpi，50M以下。设计应完成建筑阶段性概念方案，图纸包括总平面图、阶段性效果图等，还建议包括主要建筑平面图、设计构思草图、设计分析图等内容。
(1) Preliminary deliverables: The electronic version (.ppt or.pdf) of two A0-size horizontal-type display boards shall be submitted. The preliminary conceptual architecture design shall be completed, the drawings shall include general layout and preliminary renderings, and it is advised that the contents such as design concept sketch and design analysis diagram shall also be included.
（2）最终成果：如初评入围，最终应提交 A3 文本成果及图纸电子版、打印并提交四个 A0 横版展板以及实体模型。
(2) Final deliverables: If the preliminary deliverables are selected as candidate, and the electronic version of A3-size text deliverables as well as four A0-size horizontal-type display boards and physical model shall be submitted.
（3）终期评审：如入围终期评审，按照主办方要求，提交汇报文件电子版，打印并提交一份 A3 纸质文本。
(3) Final review: If a contester is included into the final review, then as required by the organizer, the electronic version and the A3-size paper version of presentation document shall be submitted.
1.2 文本成果 Text Deliverables
The text deliverables shall include the complete design contents of the building concept, such as study on architecture with Chinese characteristics and analysis on relevant cases, so as to explain the design idea, concept and design elements, and provide the guiding requirements for subsequent design of such type of buildings in Xiong’an New Area.
The texts shall contain the design description, elaborating the contents such as design connotation, overall conception, general plan, main functional arrangement, spatial layout, traffic flow organization and public space. The design description shall contain the special study on architecture design with Chinese characteristics.
最终文本需提供反映文字说明和图纸内容的报告，统一规格为 A3 大小（297*420mm）；如入围终期评审，则需提供纸质文本内容，要求为双面打印，具体打印套数详见主办方通知。
The final texts shall be accompanied with the presentation document in A3 size (297*420mm), which explains the text and drawings; if a contester is included into final review, the paper-based texts shall be submitted. The paper version texts shall be double-sided printing and the number of copies thereof is set forth in the notice given by the organizer.
1.3 成果内容 Contents of Deliverables
The conceptual design plan shall include but not limited to the following drawings:
*注：“√”表示必选内容，“○”表示建议内容。 以上图纸为主要图纸，需要在图版和文本中体现，设计单位可根据设计需要适当增加图纸内容、调整图纸比例，总平面图和总体鸟瞰图满足 A0 图幅清晰度。图纸应达到建筑概念方案设计深度。
 “√” represents the required contents, and “○” represents the recommended contents.  The drawings above are main drawings, and shall be reflected in both drawing and text. Every designer may, in light of the needs of design, appropriately increase the contents of drawings, and adjust the scale of drawings. The general plan and overall aerial perspective shall meet the definition requirements of A0 size. The drawings shall reach the design depth of conceptual architecture plan.
1.4 实体模型 Physical Model
建筑模型至少1个，比例不小于 1:500,模型表达范围自拟，底盘尺寸不大于 1.5x1.5m。参赛单位可自行增加其他反映设计理念的模型。
At least one building model shall be submitted. Its scale shall be no less than 1:500, its expression scope will be determined by every contester, and the size of its base plate shall be no more than 1.5x1.5m. Every contester may submit any other model which reflects the design idea.
1.5 展板 Display Board
A0 展示图板不多于 4 张:图纸须裱在 A0 尺寸的轻质展板上。每张图纸展板的右下角用阿拉伯数字编号排序。
Four A0-size display boards shall be submitted. The horizontal type shall be adopted, and the drawings shall be pasted on A0-size light-weight display boards. Every display board shall be numbered with an Arabic numeral on right lower corner.
1.6 汇报文件 Presentation Document
汇报成果文件为.ppt或.pdf格式，汇报时间控制在 10 分钟以内。
The presentation document shall be submitted in .ppt or .pdf format, and the presentation time shall be no more than 10 minutes.
2. 公众组成果要求 Requirements on Deliverables of Public Group
2.1 分阶段成果要求 Requirements on Deliverables by Stages
（1）初评成果：以.ppt 或.pdf 格式电子文件形式发送2张A0 横版展板电子版。设计应完成建筑阶段性概念方案，包括总平面图及相关设计示意图等内容。
(1) Preliminary deliverables: The electronic version (.ppt or. pdf) of two A0-size horizontal-type display boards shall be submitted. The preliminary conceptual architecture design plan shall be completed, and the drawings shall include general layout and relevant design sketches.
（2）最终成果：如初评入围，最终应提交4张 A0 横版展板电子版文件以及全部设计图纸电子版。
(2) Final deliverables: If the preliminary deliverables are selected as candidate, the electronic version of four A0-size horizontal-type display boards and the electronic version of all design drawings shall be submitted.
2.2 成果内容 Contents of Deliverables
The conceptual design plan shall include but not limited to the following drawings:
 “√” represents the required contents, and “○” represents the recommended contents.  The drawings above are main drawings, and every designer may, in light of the needs of design, appropriately increase the contents of drawings and adjust the scale of drawings. The general plan and overall aerial perspectives shall meet the definition requirements of A0 size. The drawings shall reach the design depth of conceptual architecture design.
2.3 展板 Display Board
A0 展示图板应提交 4 张，横向排版:图纸须裱在 A0 尺寸的轻质展板上。每张图纸展板的右下角用阿拉伯数字编号排序。 Four A0-size display boards shall be submitted. The horizontal type shall be adopted. The drawings shall be pasted on A0-size light-weight display boards. Every display board shall be numbered with Arabic numeral on right lower corner.
3. 文件格式要求 Requirements on Format of Document
中期成果以.ppt 或.pdf 格式电子文件发送至大赛官方网站或主办方指定邮箱；最终成果参赛人须提供与设计文册及设计图纸的内容相同的电子文件 2 套（U 盘），U 盘中文本文件使用 doc格式（Office2000 系列），建筑图纸使用 dwg 格式（Auto CAD 2004系列），并需提供在 dwg 格式文件中使用的非 Auto CAD 自带字库中的字体的字库文件，透视图或鸟瞰图使用 jpg 格式，图象文件的长边不小于 4000pixels，采用最高质量压缩。中文字体应在微软 FONTS 字库中选择。专业组需要汇报演示电子文档 2 套（U 盘），使用 PPT 格式。最终提交文件格式和提交方式要求详见竞赛网站和公告。
The intermediate deliverables shall be sent to the official website of the Contest or the e-mail address designated by the organizer in the form of electronic file (.ppt or .pdf); as for final deliverables, every contester shall provide two sets of electronic files (USB Flash Disk) which contain the same contents of design texts and design drawings. In the USB Flash Disk, the text files shall adopt the doc format (Office2000); the drawings shall adopt the dwg format (Auto CAD 2004); as for the font used in dwg files which is selected from the font library other than that attached to Auto CAD, the font library file shall be provided; all perspectives shall adopt the jpg format, the long side of image file shall not be less than 4000 pixels, and shall be compressed with the highest quality. The Chinese font shall be selected in Microsoft FONTS library. The professional group shall submit two sets of electronic file (USB Flash Disk), which shall adopt the .ppt format. As for the format of finally-submitted documents and the requirements on submission method, please refer to the website and announcement of the Contest.
八、附件及附图 Attachments and Attached Drawings
The following information is at the end of the article[file download]
(I) Data about Planning for Xiong’an New Area
1: Planning Guideline for Xiong’an New Area in Hebei and attached drawings
2: Introduction to Planning for Startup Zone of Xiong’an New Area
3: Guide for Building Styles in Xiong’an New Area (extract version)
(II) Basic Work Drawings
1: Fifteen site design scope drawings (dwg) for six categories
(III) Control Chart for Site Scope
Fifteen site scopes for six categories, including the following contents:
1: Land arrangement within site scope
2: Control on aboveground development within site scope
3: Control on aboveground buildings within site scope (for some sites)
4: Control on underground development within site scope
文件下载 file download